Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Hi Girlies!

I'm back with a another lipstick review! This time its from Maybelline's Creamy Mattes Brown Edition.

If you're a lipstick junkie like me, I'm sure that you've heard that last July 29th was International Lipstick Day and at the same time, Maybelline released their Creamy Mattes Brown Edition. (I'm sure it's just another marketing scheme that make up companies came up with, but who am I to complain with all that discounts, right?) 


I'm not really into brown and nude shades because those shades always wash me out but boy I was wrong. The collection is composed of brown shades with different undertones and I finally found the right nude shades for my skin tone.



So, here are the swatches from Beauty MNL where I got my 2 lipsticks (I got Daringly Nude, Clay Crush and Touch of Spice). I bought three but touch of spice was sold out on the site. I got mine from Shopwise :P




Source: www.beautymnl.com
According to the ads, the collection will only be available on the site and will be released in their physical stores after a month. But, I later on found out that some malls already had it and it was also included in their 50% off sale. I got ripped off but I really don't have time to go to malls since I work night shifts. Well, working night shifts has it perks though. Like for this instance, I was wide awake the time they launched it around 12 am. Of course, I immediately bought two even though I don't need them. LOL








The transaction was really fast. The fastest in my opinion. Usually, they deliver the product 2-3 days after you ordered it. I got these babies that afternoon. 

Oh did I mention that I got a full size Dove Deodorant and 2 sample sachet of their new shampoo and conditioner? One of the reason why I always order from them.



The Review:


Packaging:


from Pinterest


I find the packaging sleek and sturdy.





Price:

I got it for 199 pesos and plus shipping fee of 50 pesos which is totally reasonable.
On a regular day, these lipsticks usually retail for 299 pesos. Not bad right?




Opacity (Color Pay Off):

The color is true to its bullet. One swipe is all you need!




Touch of Spice on my lips


From top to bottom: Daringly Nude, Clay Crush and Touch of Spice




Longevity:

As expected from Maybelline lipsticks, they are not long wearing but you get a good 3-5 hours out of your first application. I really don't mind retouching though that's why its fine with me. 

What bothers me is that this line tends to dry on me. Unlike their color sensational lipstick in the black packaging which is very moisturizing.



Overall Verdict:


I really like these lipsticks since they tend to give you that fresh look that is very natural. Sabi nga nila blooming ako which I rarely get from brown and nude lipsticks. Most of the time, they will ask me if I'm sick. LOL

The range of colors are superb. I love that they have shades that suits different skin tone.

I just don't like it's drying after a long wear even though I used lip balm before applying it.


All in all, It;s 8 out of 10 for me. I really like this product and will definitely repurchase especially touch of spice.












0 comments:

Post a Comment