Sunday, October 17, 2010

GARNIER: Light Complete Multi - action whitening cream


Hi everyone! I am back with a product review. By the looks of the title above I am reviewing Garnier's Multi- action whitening cream.
I am recovering from a bad break- out the whole month of September and I am desperately in need of products that will remove the traces of dark spots due to pimple break- out.

By the way, the product that broke me out is the new activated carbon facial foam of Pond's.
It was raved about so I decided to try it. Unfortunately, my skin does not like it. So much for my Pond's skin routine.

Anyhooo, back to the subject. Since I believe that my skin does not want Pond's product into my life, I decided I will try GARNIER. They are well known for their skin line so might as well give it a try.

So, I bought the 20 ml pack (refer to the picture above) after debating with my mom that I like to try the sachet version first but she talked me in buying this version. What the heck, she is the one paying so, why not right?

I've been using this for 3 weeks now and here are my thoughts:

PROS:

  • It does control my oily face (8hr shine- free look according to the packaging)
  • It lightened my dark spots and acne marks but it is still visible.
  • affordable. (the sachets costs Php20 for 3 packs coz their having a promo I think. 20ml costs around Php 60-70 I'm not quite sure)
  • acts as a good eye shadow primer, too! Since I can not afford yet UDPP, I got creative one day and I used as a primer and my shadows did not crease for the entire day. surprisingly amazing!
  • multi- purpose white cream. With this, you can combine all the steps in your routine with just one step.
CONS:
  • At first, my skin looks super dry. I guess that was my face adjusting to the product.
  • My powder foundation was difficult to blend when I use it with this product but I don't mind. As long that my skin is matte I am happy with it.
My rating: 4/5

Overall, I am really liking this product and with the prize like that it's very good. I hope you friends can try.

xoxo,

PaolaEs.

12 comments:

Ninja said...

I got a sachet for free at the supermarket last month but I never got to try it (because I'm an Olay fan. Hihi). But I guess I'll use it tomorrow because of your review. Haha! More product reviews, please KP! :)

fallen_angel said...

thanks NINJA!! kilig naman ako that you read my posts! remind ko lang na people with dry skin had bad experience with this product daw. Si coi kasi, ayaw nya to kasi mukha daw syang plastic. lol

love ya ninja :)

kristine yurae said...

i have pimple marks on my face. sobrang nkaka-depressed talaga! but my friend recommend this product for my temporary remedies. and now im still using it. actually, one week ko pa lang sya nagagamit. can i ask you, so how long it takes bago ma-fade away yung mga pimple marks ko on my face, especially on my cheeks?

fallen_angel said...

Hi azhine, mine did not totally fade away. nag lighten sya. siguro mga three weeks din. ok na din kasi I use it once a day lang. pero im still testing this out. minsan kasi pag matagal ko ng gamit wala ng effect sa akin e. patience lang at mawawala din yan :)

kristine yurae said...

ako dn. pag matagal ko ng gamit nwawalan na ng effect. but i use it every morning and night before i go to sleep. medyo makati sya sa muka. normal lang ba yun na ganon?

fallen_angel said...

nung unang lagay ko ganun nga. pero nawala din. baka allergic ka sa product sis

kristine yurae said...

d nmn siguro sis. bukas pang-2weeks ko na na gamit yun pero makati prn sya. pero mganda rn nmn effect skn. d na nagmamark yung mga pimples na tumutubo skn.

fallen_angel said...

ganyan din ung effect sa akin :)

kristine yurae said...

okay lng ba if patungan ko sya ng pressed powder? pag lumalabas ako? sorry kung matanong ako ah.

fallen_angel said...

yup.i always do that. ok lang sis! :)

missPam said...

We have a similar experience with Ponds Activated Carbon. Gave me breakouts too. So now Im using garnier, and so far so good. Pimples are disappearing fast, but I still have dark marks on the face. I hope they clear out after I use garnier. Any suggestions on how to lighten these marks?

Miss VB said...

Same here. Ponds isnt a good choice. Naglabasan mga pimples na wala naman ako before..

Post a Comment